Herbed Pork Roast with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, rubbed sage and dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove roast from pan. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; add water to measure 2 cups. Place flour in a small saucepan; stir in pan drippings until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast. Freeze option: Place sliced roast in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork: 254 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 26, 2018
Very tasty rub and subsequent sauce. I think 2 hours was a bit too long for the roast I used. I will monitor temperature next time. I would definitely recommend.
May 10, 2015
This recipe has gone well when prepared for large fund raiser banquets. It's certainly not hard to prepare!
Jan 8, 2015
My husband loved it and he hates when I make roasts. I will have to make again
Dec 19, 2013
My family, who were never fans of pork roast, absolutely love this recipe. The brown sugar takes the taste of pork to a whole new level.
Oct 23, 2013
My husband went nuts for this. Added carrots and potatoes around the roast.
Oct 22, 2013
Jul 21, 2013
Tender, moist, delicious seasoning. A great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
Jul 3, 2013
Wonderful recipe! Tastes great. I scored my roast a little so the seasoning would infuse a little more. Will definitely make again!
Apr 28, 2013
Loved this recipe. It has become my go to recipe for pork roast.
Mar 10, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.