Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Toss mushrooms with lemon juice. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir the flour, salt and tarragon into the skillet until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and, if desired, browning sauce, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil. Return chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 907mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Mar 2, 2018
My hubby and I like this recipe. It's pretty easy to make although I wish the sauce were thicker.
May 23, 2015
Made this recipe in the morning so my hubs would have something for dinner since he works Noon-8PM. One thing to make sure of - use a very large skillet, the biggest you have otherwise your chops do not get braised in the liquid. I didn't have white wine, so I used broth and the one thing that came to mind with the gravy is that you could taste the beef in the gravy. I also used fresh squeezed lemon juice, since the recipe didn't specify fresh or the bottled kind. I would maybe use a chicken or vegetable broth in place of the beef, however, it was still delicious all the same.
May 19, 2014
I used canned mushrooms, 1/2 cup onion and omitted the tarragon. It was good, but my family prefers a milk based gravy.
Mar 28, 2012
This was good but the tarragon flavor didn't really seem to stand out. For a pork with mushroom sauce, we prefer https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mushroom-Pork-Tenderloin-2
Apr 15, 2011
My family loves this recipe! It is also very good with thyme substituted for the tarragon.
Feb 8, 2010
I made this last week and had some leftovers and it was better 2nd time around. My husband loves it. He said it was a "keeper"
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.