Makeover Pork Chops with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1/2 cup milk. Combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in the cream, broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 392 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 14, 2015
This was really good. Kindof like a chicken fried pork chop. The whole family loved it. I will be making this again.
Mar 2, 2011
Good Flavor...Did use more pepper than recipe called for. Will add it to the list of favorites.
Jun 11, 2010
Loved it added a little extra pepper to the gravy, not a drop left!