Sage Pork Chops with Cider Pan Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried sage leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper; rub with sage. Dip in flour to coat lightly.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broth and cider to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream; cook and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to medium. Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons gravy: 449 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
May 28, 2018
Good pork chop recipe. I used boneless pork loin chops since that is what I had. I will make this one again.
Nov 21, 2017
Husband and I really thought this was pretty good. The gravy didn't really thicken like it is in the picture. Pretty easy to make. Wasn't too time consuming.
Jan 22, 2017
Very good recipe as written and also a fun recipe to make your own! This is one of my favorite recipes for pork chops. I usually add apples and onions and brown them after browning the pork. I have also used apple brandy when I did not have cider on hand.
Nov 18, 2016
Really good. Everybody loved this one and we'll make this again!!
Sep 11, 2016
Delicious! I added some chopped apples and onions to the gravy, too!
Jan 10, 2016
Made these last night and they were delicious. Didn't have any dried sage so subbed with poultry seasoning. Will make again and use sage but I can't imagine it'll make that much difference. Very quick and easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.