Lemon-Herbed Turkey Breast
"This is a family favorite that's also popular with company," notes Alicia Glovor of Sterling, Alaska. "The herbs tucked under the skin give the turkey a wonderful aroma as it's roasting, and the lemon juice adds a subtle hint of citrus."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings. Spread under turkey skin.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and oil; set aside.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°; basting every 15-20 minutes with lemon mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Discard skin before carving.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 158 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Herbed Turkey Breast in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Feb 9, 2016
Very tasty and moist. It was great for turkey sandwiches!
Nov 28, 2013
Wonderful taste and so easy. Did not dry out and makes for awesome sandwiches the next day. Will make again.