Roasted Turkey with Maple Cranberry Glaze
I prepare turkey with a taste of Canada in mind. The sweet maple flavor comes through even in the breast meat. You may start to notice it's caramelized color after about 2 hours. That's when I cover it loosely with foil while it finishes cooking. The meat will stay tender and juicy. —Suzanne Anctil, West Vancouver, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Pour over turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170° to 175°, basting occasionally with pan drippings, 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked turkey: 320 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as maplesyrup and cranberries turkey in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.