Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute the steaks for 2 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon butter or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 632 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 44g protein.
Apr 17, 2016
fantastic!! We also made the entire editors meal. This was a favorite!! Didn't change anything!
Nov 11, 2013
Delicious! I made this with the Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower Salad from the same issue.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.