Rosemary-Garlic Focaccia Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 wedges)
- 3/4 cup warm fat-free milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In bread machine pan, place the milk, water, butter, egg, flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into an 11-in. circle; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several 1/4-in. indentations in dough.
- Brush with oil. Sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and remaining salt. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 162 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 25, 2013
We've made this bread multiple times and rarely have leftover to do anything with. I can make a meal of it!
Sep 24, 2010
i've made this recipe several times. i used sea salt and it was absolutely delicious.
Sep 9, 2010
This was a delicious bread! My husband and I used the leftovers to make sandwiches with leftover herb-roasted chicken. The bread may require less salt sprinkled on top of the bread prior to baking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.