Basil Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 280 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 3, 2019
This was very good, but I did add salt to it. I needed "something" extra and some salt did the trick.
Apr 22, 2019
Great garlic bread, and we eat some variety of garlic bread 3-4 times a week, so we know a good one when we try it!! We didn’t grill it, just broiled for a few minutes until golden brown. A definite keeper!
Nov 30, 2016
I used dried parsley and basil because it's what I had on hand. Very fast dish to put together and everyone loved it. Leftovers froze and reheated great!
Aug 15, 2012
This was pretty good, but I did think it could use some more flavor. Next time I would increase the basil and maybe add some onion salt. The parsley doesn't add a lot to the taste although it makes the bread look wonderful to serve.