Dijon Shrimp with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine, mustard, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in shrimp and cream. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup pasta with 3/4 cup sauce : 547 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2018
Very good, If your that worried about the nutritional facts, read the bottom of this recipe. Otherwise make your own recipe.
Mar 31, 2018
Yummy! Easy to make and great flavors. I did add chopped garlic with the onion and mushrooms. Very, very nice!
Sep 12, 2017
Great recipe! My husband even liked it!
Mar 24, 2017
I loved this! My husband was a bit more lukewarm on it, thinking we had some other shrimp pasta recipes that stood out more. To me, the flavors were unique while tasting light, despite the cream. I'll definitely make again.
Apr 3, 2015
Made a double batch of this for dinner last night and eating leftovers for lunch right now! Its delicious and fast to make.As for those bemoaning the lack of nutritional information, I agree that its nice to have that. However, we don't always get that with everything we eat. This dish has butter, pasta and cream. Its not going to be low in calories, so consider it a splurge.
Mar 18, 2015
I made this tonight and it was very good, definitely a keeper. The only thing I changed, was I added two diced cloves of garlic, I will definitely be making it again.
Mar 13, 2015
This was a delicious and fast weeknight meal. Made it exactly as written other then using half and half in place of the heavy cream and absolutely loved it. I will be making again and again. Simple yet elegant for company also. Definitely worth making:)
Mar 13, 2015
sounds good but I agree with MamauJudy we need the nutritional values.
Mar 8, 2015
This sounds delicious but I never try recipes that don't give the nutritional values. We list it for some, why don't we do it for all recipes?
Mar 7, 2015
Don't often submit reviews but this is an awesome fast dinner! Great taste and not real heavy. Definitely will make again!