Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in cream and parsley. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 513 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2018
I had been making this sauce from scratch with Italian tomatoes. This is a lot quicker and tastes just as good. I tried it with homemade spaghetti pasta and some grated fresh parmesan on top...WONDERFUL!
Jun 19, 2017
This was AWESOME! Made a double batch, since there are 3 of us, and happy I did, so we can have leftovers!
Oct 14, 2012
I doubled this recipe. My family loves this dish. When you are tired of having red sauces, this recipe is a great change. This is going to be our go to recipe when craving a yummy bowl of speghetti. Great way to getting rid of some lasting carrots and celery in the veggie bin. I may try using some roasted chopped up red bell peppers too.
Nov 20, 2010
Very easy, tons of vegies and delicious! One of my favorite comfort foods. I doubled the recipe to make enough for the whole family.