Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in cream and parsley. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 513 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein.
Jan 18, 2018
I had been making this sauce from scratch with Italian tomatoes. This is a lot quicker and tastes just as good. I tried it with homemade spaghetti pasta and some grated fresh parmesan on top...WONDERFUL!
Jun 19, 2017
This was AWESOME! Made a double batch, since there are 3 of us, and happy I did, so we can have leftovers!
Oct 14, 2012
I doubled this recipe. My family loves this dish. When you are tired of having red sauces, this recipe is a great change. This is going to be our go to recipe when craving a yummy bowl of speghetti. Great way to getting rid of some lasting carrots and celery in the veggie bin. I may try using some roasted chopped up red bell peppers too.
Nov 20, 2010
Very easy, tons of vegies and delicious! One of my favorite comfort foods. I doubled the recipe to make enough for the whole family.