Spaghetti with Four Cheeses
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with cheese sauce and parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 462 calories, 27g fat (17g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 22, 2019
Was able to get all the cheeses and prepared as directed. Delicious, will make this recipe often.
Jan 6, 2012
Super simple recipe with delicious results. A big hit at our house. We did substitute the prepackaged Sargento Six Cheese Italian Blend in the amounts called for in the recipe because our local grocery store did not carry Fontina on its own. Still turned out great.
Apr 5, 2010
Made this with ham for Easter and was great. Used penne pasta instead of spaghetti and everyone loved it. Will make again!!!