Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Combine cheeses; toss with lemon juice. Add to the sauce; stir until cheese begins to melt. Drain linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 775 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 1, 2016
I have made this many times, I lost my dinner for two issue that's why I am on your pagethanks for being here
May 9, 2011
This was a pretty good recipe. Nice & cheesey! Very quick!
May 5, 2011
Surely there is something off about the mozzarella cheese measurement -- 3/4 cup usually does not equal 6 oz. It would be more like 3 oz, since an 8 oz package of cheese usually makes 2 cups. So that threw me off and made me question all of the other measurements in the recipe, plus I wanted to make a little more than the recipe called for, so my measurements and proportions weren't exactly as written. I think I ended up with too much linguine in particular. But, it was good. Not sure if I'll make it again.
Sep 2, 2010
Mar 1, 2010
This is a show stopper. Make sure that you don't rinse the noodles after you boil them though. The sauce will definitely not be as good. I pair this dish up with Pecan Crusted Salmon (found on this website) (the recipe with brown sugar).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.