Zucchini Tomato Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded and patted dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, sour cream and seasonings; mix well.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 27, 2011
I love this recipe and I do add ground beef. Today I'm going to use ground lamb, I'm sure it will be good.
Jul 25, 2010
For anyone with a home garden, it's a great summer treat.
Jun 14, 2010
I have a recipe similar to this. I add some browned hamburger. I used two fresh tomatoes from the garden and add about a 1/2 cup of your favorite chunky salsa, and of course mushrooms.
Oct 1, 2008
I would serve this as a side dish instead of a main dish. It's a bit on the bland side and not very filling.
Jul 14, 2008
Excellent! Even for non-vegetable lovers! Would add some more salt or seasoning though.