Sausage Bean Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) kidney beans, butter beans, pinto beans, black-eyed peas or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until the barley and lentils are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 338 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1228mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 28, 2016
I found this to be pretty bland and added about 1/2 t red pepper flakes to give it mor flavor.
Nov 15, 2009
My family loves this stew on a cold day with cornbread. I add a 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.