Turnip Sausage Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots, turnip, onion, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 445 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 4, 2014
Really simple and really delicious. Broth is thin more like a soup. I doubled the recipe, used vegetable broth instead of water, and substituted parsnips for the turnips. Really nice, healthy meal that everyone liked. Will be making regularly.
Nov 3, 2011
This stew is satisfying and super simple! Used mild italian sausage instead of bulk sausage and it gave it that extra flavor. Had cheese rolls with it and it made an excellent fall lunch!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.