Sausage & Penne Marinara
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 299 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 27, 2017
Easy recipe and my family loved it!
Nov 25, 2015
With all the spices I thought it would be flavorful. But quite bland.
Dec 29, 2014
Nov 22, 2014
made as written and is wonderful
Apr 3, 2014
I absolutely loved this! I used 1 lb bulk Italian Sausage, and wagon wheel pasta. I can't wait to make this again!
Mar 9, 2014
I may have liked this a lot better if my husband hadn't doubled the red pepper flakes....it was too spicy, but I will make it again and keep my husband out of the kitchen while I'm doing so! Lol!!
Mar 9, 2013
this was quick and very good. We added some gorgonzola cheese on top of ours and it added the right taste.
Jan 15, 2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. So easy and delicious.
May 30, 2012
Loved this, very spicy for my little kids though. Will cut back on the spices next time cause there will be a next time.
May 28, 2012
Making it my second time tonight.. :-) very good! i cut the recipe in half for just me and still eat very well twice. :-)