Smoked Sausage Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli, pepper and onion during the last 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring sausage and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Add the milk, butter and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Drain spaghetti and vegetables; return to the pan. Add cheese and sausage mixture; toss to coat.
Feb 14, 2017
Excellent and easy!
Oct 13, 2016
I didn't like the sauce. Nothing special.
Sep 11, 2014
It could use a little more sauce, but is good for a quick meal.
Jul 11, 2013
This was very good - nice use of smoked sausage. Next time I'll probably leave out the broccoli and increase the peppers.
Feb 25, 2013
Surprisingly delicious and super easy and fast! I doubled the amount of sausage since we love the taste of more meat in each bite. Definitely a keeper.
Mar 22, 2011
Wasn't sure about using the evaporated milk, as I'm not crazy about the taste of it, but I couldn't tell it was in there, and the whole dish was wonderful! It went together quickly and we all loved it....definitely a keeper to make often.
Oct 7, 2010
This is now a regular at our home. It is great warm or cold as a leftover for a packed lunch the next day! Great color too!
Mar 27, 2010
When I made this recipe I used half of a large onion as my family LOVES onion, I didn't have frozen broccoli cuts so I substituted frozen broccoli stir-fry veg. It was absolutely yummy! Hubby isn't a fan of smoked sausage so next time I think I'll try it with chicken. But I will definitely make this again.
Jul 6, 2009
Made double recipe to serve 8. Not disappointed with result. Got lots of compliments. Usually "doctor" my recipes but this one was great as is. Glad I found it.
Jun 7, 2009
Awesome!! Ideal for a weeknight since it takes no time at all to get this on the table.