Smoked Mozzarella Chicken with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices smoked deli ham
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes. Turn; cook 2 minutes longer. Top with ham and mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with sage. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove from heat.
- Add pesto to pasta and toss to coat. Serve chicken with pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup pasta (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 694 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1184mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 53g protein.
Oct 26, 2016
Good, but it's not one of our favorites.
Jan 21, 2015
This has become a regular in our menu rotation. I almost always use ham and I've topped it with smoked mozzarella, havarti and provolone depending what I had on hand and what was on sale. ALWAYS a winner!
Jun 12, 2014
Tried w/o ham and it was great
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.