Smoked Sausage Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-2/3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture and olives. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 755 calories, 48g fat (15g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1964mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2011
I made this with gluten-free tricolor rotini and my husband loved it! And it was super easy!
May 3, 2010
This is an easy and delicious recipe. I have made this many times since it first came out in my magazine. In fact I am making it again tonight. I was looking up the recipe to make sure I had everything on hand I needed.The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any kind of pasta, any kind of dressing and add tons of garden fresh vegetables if desired. It can be served warm or cold. It is simply YUMMY! The possibilites are limitless.
Nov 20, 2009
we LOVE this recipe...of course you can use any kind of pasta. I have used bowtie and it was just as good. This is a go-to meal for my house when I don't have a lot of time and want something filling!