Chicken Marsala with Pasta
This dish is elegant enough for company, but quick and easy enough for a weeknight. My family always looks forward to this chicken. Leftover broiled chicken breasts work fine and save you time, too.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope (4.3 ounces) fettuccini and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water and wine. Bring to a boil; stir in pasta mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove pasta mixture from the heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Lipton Pasta Sides fettuccini in a chicken-flavored sauce mix.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 453 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Chicken Marsala in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Jul 12, 2014
I made this tonight, and it was delicious. This will be a "go to" recipe for me.
Dec 23, 2009
My family loves chicken done this way and would love to keep this recipe. It's one we will be making many more times.