Savory Pork Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add pork; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the brown sugar, basil, soy sauce, lime juice, water and oregano. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper and pork. Drizzle with warm dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Aug 13, 2014
This was a delicious dinner. I only used 6 oz. of pork, added carrot, sugar snap peas, red pepper and red onion, along with the tomato...I made a mistake and used the olive oil in the dressing instead of using it to brown the meat. I used a non-stick cooking spray to do that. Next time I will leave the olive oil out. This was perfect for a hot summer day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.