Savory Pork Loin Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + standing
Makes8 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, rosemary and sage
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown gravy mix
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, herbs and mustard; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water into the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 70-90 minutes. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine gravy mix and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream and horseradish; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 386 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2017
Was amazing! Had fresh herbs and local pork loin on hand, as good as my and my husbands Grandmothers and mothers!
Jun 13, 2015
I will make this again! The flavor is great and easy to make.
Dec 17, 2014
Used the marinade for pork chops and chicken, baked for about half an hour. Delicious!Did not make the gravy.
Aug 30, 2012
Wonderful meal with great flavor! I did not have fresh herbs so I used dried and it turned out great. I also used red onions and low fat sour cream in the gravy- no one could tell it was lite.
Feb 1, 2012
I have made this several times--I have never made the gravy--we just like the flavor of the roast by itself
Feb 20, 2011
This was great! would not change this one up. A lot of times I do, but this is perfect. Make enough for leftovers. Used for a casserole too. Just cut up the meat into chunks, Cook up some noodles and Cheese add some of the sauce and some Pork gravy and bake at 350 for about 20 min. Great!
Oct 14, 2010
My family loved this! I prepared this with a smaller roast and half the sauce and still had a lot of sauce left over. I usually end up changing something but this one is perfect as written. Thanks, DeEtta