Marinated Pork Loin Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except pork. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat and cool completely. Pour 1 cup sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. Transfer pork to a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
Excellent flavor, loved the sauce. Easy to make and will definitely make again.
Jul 17, 2013
This is a great recipe. full of flavor and it was very tender. I marinated it for 24 hours and cooked it four hours. The last two were only at 250 F. I did not have maple syrup so I subbed honey. Everyone thought it was the best ever. I had a 4 1/2 pound roast and 6 people cleaned it up. I bought a half of a pork roast FOR 1.89/LB WITH VERY LITTLE FAT! A Very cheap and tasty meal, cheaper than Hamburg and still lean.
Dec 31, 2011
First time made for Christmas dinner along with 2 other recipes for Pork Loins. Was inhaled, didn't have a leftover to try myself. Guests all asking for the recipe. Going to make for myself New Years Dinner, this time I'll get a piece.
Jul 15, 2009