Meat Lover’s Bread Salad
Growing up, we loved visiting a sandwich joint in Nebraska. The awesome sandwiches inspired my salad of bread and cold cuts for meat lovers everywhere. —Molly Atherton, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2 cups each)
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked roast beef, chopped
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 Italian rolls, cubed
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing again. Add meats, lettuce, tomatoes, cubed rolls and cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 584 calories, 49g fat (10g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1260mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Little King Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.