Pork Roast with Mango Salsa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Rub over the roast. Place in a shallow baking dish; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. If baking the roast, place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 hours or bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2018
Delicious combination of spicy rub and fresh, sweet mango salsa. I've made other mango salsas, but this one has more depth. Also, for the rub, I used chipotle and ancho chile powder as I was out of paprika. Super tasty & moist pork roast. Since the roast was less than 2 lbs., I baked it (no grill at the moment) for 1 hr. 15 min. at 350.
Jun 29, 2014
Awesome recipe...the meat is good and the salsa is fantastic! I have to make extra since everyone likes it so much! The salsa is great with chips too!
Aug 23, 2011
This was delicious! My husband and I really don't care for mango, but it was awesome in this salsa. We had extra salsa and ate it on ham steak.