Pork Roast with Mango Salsa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Rub over the roast. Place in a shallow baking dish; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. If baking the roast, place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 hours or bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 19, 2018
Delicious combination of spicy rub and fresh, sweet mango salsa. I've made other mango salsas, but this one has more depth. Also, for the rub, I used chipotle and ancho chile powder as I was out of paprika. Super tasty & moist pork roast. Since the roast was less than 2 lbs., I baked it (no grill at the moment) for 1 hr. 15 min. at 350.
Jun 29, 2014
Awesome recipe...the meat is good and the salsa is fantastic! I have to make extra since everyone likes it so much! The salsa is great with chips too!
Aug 23, 2011
This was delicious! My husband and I really don't care for mango, but it was awesome in this salsa. We had extra salsa and ate it on ham steak.