Mango Chutney Pork Roast
Bright mango and red bell pepper really liven up this roast. The tropical fruit chutney packs a nice punch. Make an extra batch for tacos the next night. —Pamela Vitti Knowles, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
Makes6 servings (2 cups chutney)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and ground ginger
- MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, ground turmeric and ground cloves
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and ginger.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all chutney ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.