Roast Pork Soup
This well-seasoned, satisfying soup has a rich full-bodied broth brimming with tender chunks of pork, potatoes and navy beans. It's been a family favorite for years. Served with cornbread, it's one of our comfort foods in winter. —Sue Gulledge, Springville, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min.
Makes9 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 3 cups cubed cooked pork roast
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.