Pork Tenderloin with Mango Relish
Colorful mango relish is a refreshing counterpoint to the “heat” in the meat rub I use to pep up a number of pork dishes. These roasted tenderloins are sure to turn out nice and juicy. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- MANGO RELISH:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/2 teaspoon for relish; rub remaining spice mixture over tenderloins. Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, cilantro and jalapeno. Combine lime juice and reserved spice mixture; add to mango mixture and toss to coat. Slice pork; serve with relish.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup relish: 171 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Smoky Chipotle Rubbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin with in Country Woman July/August 2006