Pork Tenderloin with Mango Relish
Colorful mango relish is a refreshing counterpoint to the “heat” in the meat rub I use to pep up a number of pork dishes. These roasted tenderloins are sure to turn out nice and juicy. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- MANGO RELISH:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Set aside 1/2 teaspoon for relish; rub remaining spice mixture over tenderloins. Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, cilantro and jalapeno. Combine lime juice and reserved spice mixture; add to mango mixture and toss to coat. Slice pork; serve with relish.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup relish: 171 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.