Broiled Pork Chops with Mango Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless butterflied pork chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a blender, combine the mangoes and broth; cover and process until smooth. In a small saucepan, combine the mango puree, preserves and coriander. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mango sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 431 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Mar 28, 2011
This is a quick, easy and tasty recipe. The coriander along with the apricot preserves tastes excellent. These can tend to dry out pretty quickly if you're not careful, but the flavor is wonderful. If you plan out your meals in advance, you can make it an even quicker meal by preparing the sauce on a day when you have more time and store it in the refridgerator. Prepare the pork chops on your busiest day. You'll have dinner ready in less than twenty minutes!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.