Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder to taste
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 223 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 18, 2018
I like this recipe. It requires quite a bit more seasoning, however. I added herbs and spices to give it an extra pop.
Apr 29, 2011
I have to say this was a big hit in my house. My husband loved it and he is a picky eater. Though I did change a couple of things. Instead of Ground Beef I used Ground Turkey and chicken broth instead of Beef bouillon cube. I will be making this again. It is a must try.
Jan 29, 2011
my family really loved it.i make it often.
Sep 22, 2009
Homiiny is traditionally a southern dish but it is corn that has been soaked in a weak lye solution. It comes either white or yellow. If you have a Wal-mart, they have their own brand. Bush also has canned hominy, but look close to the corn in your supermarket.
Apr 15, 2009
I'm sorry for my ignorance but what is hominy? Judith
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.