Round Steak with Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 small red potatoes
- Cut steak into six pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on both sides. Stir in the soup, water, celery, red pepper, onion and thyme. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes; cover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until steak and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Mar 28, 2020
Made this tonight as I had 2.25 lbs of top round steak. I omitted celery (because I didn't have it at home) and used yellow potatoes instead (cut them into 1/8 and used about 8). I agree, the gravy is amazing. I cooked mine a total of 2 hours (steak could have used the additional 30 minutes, but was a little tender). Very good recipe and reminds me a bit of a roast. Will make again.
Dec 20, 2015
My family enjoyed this. I did add two beef cubes to the water and didn't add the celery (personal preference) but followed the rest of the recipe as written. My family really liked the gravy