Speedy Southwest Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and picante sauce; spoon over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2019
A wonderful change from just a green salad. I love the combination of black beans and corn! This will be one I serve often! I will add some protein to it for a main dish!
Jul 9, 2017
We love this southwest salad. It goes well with any southwestern main dish.
Jun 21, 2017
Very good! I added some green chiles and some chicken.
Jul 22, 2016
Very simple and delicious! The second time I made it I added ground turkey and a little more ranch and picante.
Jan 30, 2015
Very quick, easy, & tasty! As it makes quite a bit, I've made it for large potlucks & gotten quite a few compliments on every time.
Sep 14, 2011
This is a favorite salad in our home. We like it when we're in the mood for a meatless dish and we always serve it as a main course salad. I throw in some diced onions too.
Aug 3, 2011
Quick, easy and delicious!!!
Jun 18, 2011
This is a yummy salad! I forgot to add the tortilla chips! Bummer! I even got my 3 year old to eat it!
Mar 10, 2011
Quick and easy to put together. Very tasty salad.
Feb 4, 2011
I have not tried this recipe, but planning it soon, this recipe is very much like Logan's Steakhouse Recipe, except they add grilled cajun chicken on top.