Speedy Southwest Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and picante sauce; spoon over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 15, 2019
A wonderful change from just a green salad. I love the combination of black beans and corn! This will be one I serve often! I will add some protein to it for a main dish!
Jul 9, 2017
We love this southwest salad. It goes well with any southwestern main dish.
Jun 21, 2017
Very good! I added some green chiles and some chicken.
Jul 22, 2016
Very simple and delicious! The second time I made it I added ground turkey and a little more ranch and picante.
Jan 30, 2015
Very quick, easy, & tasty! As it makes quite a bit, I've made it for large potlucks & gotten quite a few compliments on every time.
Sep 14, 2011
This is a favorite salad in our home. We like it when we're in the mood for a meatless dish and we always serve it as a main course salad. I throw in some diced onions too.
Aug 3, 2011
Quick, easy and delicious!!!
Jun 18, 2011
This is a yummy salad! I forgot to add the tortilla chips! Bummer! I even got my 3 year old to eat it!
Mar 10, 2011
Quick and easy to put together. Very tasty salad.
Feb 4, 2011
I have not tried this recipe, but planning it soon, this recipe is very much like Logan's Steakhouse Recipe, except they add grilled cajun chicken on top.