Fresh Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook corn in enough boiling water to cover for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, sugar, salt if desired, basil and cayenne pepper. Cut cooled corn off the cob (should measure 4 cups).
- Add the corn, tomatoes, onion and peppers to the oil mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 102 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 18, 2014
Nice and fresh. I used real basil and less dressing.
Aug 23, 2011
A favorite at home as well as at work pot lucks.
Nov 23, 2010
I took this to a church gathering and I did not take any home. Everyone asked for the recipe.
Jul 21, 2009
Excellent! A couple people asked me for the recipe.
Jun 22, 2008
Delicious...a big hit at the cookouts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.