Fresh Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook corn in enough boiling water to cover for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, sugar, salt if desired, basil and cayenne pepper. Cut cooled corn off the cob (should measure 4 cups).
- Add the corn, tomatoes, onion and peppers to the oil mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 102 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 18, 2014
Nice and fresh. I used real basil and less dressing.
Aug 23, 2011
A favorite at home as well as at work pot lucks.
Nov 23, 2010
I took this to a church gathering and I did not take any home. Everyone asked for the recipe.
Jul 21, 2009
Excellent! A couple people asked me for the recipe.
Jun 22, 2008
Delicious...a big hit at the cookouts.