Moist Corn Spoon Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional: Coarsely ground pepper and thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, salt, cayenne and pepper until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, top with additional pepper and green onions.
Apr 16, 2019
Delicious! I added 4 strips diced and crisped bacon to this wonderful side dish.
Apr 16, 2019
Is it possible to bake it in the oven? I am not a slow cooker user.I surely would no take 4-5 hours in the oven. Thanks.
Feb 27, 2019
This looks delicious. However, it isn't a true spoon bread that puffs up like a soufflé. Has anyone submitted a Southern Spoon bread recipe here? I will search for it.
Sep 27, 2018
I made this on Sunday, September 23, 2018. Wow! This is fabulous! So flavorful with just a tiny bit of heat. I added it to my Favorite Recipes!
Jun 27, 2018
Delicious! Love the ease of putting it in the slow cooker!
Dec 4, 2016
Hands down the best cornbread EVER!
Feb 6, 2016
I made this in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and it turned out great! The cayenne gave it a nice kick!