Moist Corn Spoon Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Coarsely ground pepper and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, salt, cayenne and pepper until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, top with additional pepper and green onions.
Jun 27, 2018
Delicious! Love the ease of putting it in the slow cooker!
Dec 4, 2016
Hands down the best cornbread EVER!
Feb 6, 2016
I made this in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and it turned out great! The cayenne gave it a nice kick!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.