Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 to 6 slices tomato
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place toast in a baking pan. Top each with 2 slices of turkey; spoon reserved white sauce over turkey. Top each with one cheese slice and 2-3 tomato slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 4, 2018
Used 15 grain bread and roasted sliced turkey. Huge hit here. All the flavors and textures make for an amazing dish.
Aug 1, 2014
This recipe is a nice starter. Personally I think that Ham is a very important part of The Hot Brown. The photo does not look like the bread is toasted. The sauce is light and very nice. I did add ham. Instead of using fresh sliced tomatoes I use 2 fried tomatoes per sandwich. I also added some sauce on the toasted bread first, then layered with another layer of sauce in-between the ham and cheese. The remaining sauce I added after the sandwich baked and I also added the bacon at this time.Because of the tweaks and changes I felt that a 3 star is a fair assessment.Janie