Corn Spoon Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in cornbread mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until center is almost set, 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 391 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 29, 2018
Very easy to prepare, and tasted great! I doubled the recipe, but didn't cook it long enough, so it was still a little gooey in the middle. I will definitely allow it more time to cook next time I make it!
Apr 5, 2018
This was easy to make and flavors blend well for a delicious side dish that's not to sweet and full of flavor. It is now the family's new favorite. My son eats this as a snack all day long if there are any leftovers. This can also be made in the oven.
Nov 28, 2012
This recipe is very similar to another I bake in the oven. The fact that this recipe can be made in the slow cooker makes it way better! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I mixed it up in the morning, set it to cook and it was perfect by dinner. Quick, easy and delicious!
Aug 12, 2010
I just made this for my mom's birthday dinner, and it instantly became our new favorite recipe. The flavors are well balanced (not too sweet or salty), and the corn bread and cream cheese make it a rich and savory textured mouthful. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to regular creamed corn after this! A warning: While cooking, the center looks undercooked, but it's just right. Don't over cook to give it more color.