Baby Corn Romaine Salad
"My kids really enjoy this green salad, made with romaine lettuce, broccoli, corn and crumbled bacon," shares Kathryn Maxson of Mountlake Terrace, Washington. "It uses bottled dressing, so it's quick to fix, too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, broccoli, corn and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Baby Corn Romaine Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.