Romaine Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. Refrigerate whites for another use. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, anchovy, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and egg yolks; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, Parmesan cheese and croutons. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 4, 2014
A good ol' regular caesar salad. Didn't have the anchovy, so I'm sure I missed out on a lot of flavor.
Jan 27, 2011
We make this salad anytime we have a fancy Italian dinner. I've never used an anchovy fillet. It's delicious!~ Theresa
Mar 7, 2010
Loved the salad and the dressing was a hit with my husband. the dressing was something that might have needed more salt and pepper to my liking!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.