Romaine Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Slice eggs in half; remove yolks. Refrigerate whites for another use. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, anchovy, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and egg yolks; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, Parmesan cheese and croutons. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 4, 2014
A good ol' regular caesar salad. Didn't have the anchovy, so I'm sure I missed out on a lot of flavor.
Jan 27, 2011
We make this salad anytime we have a fancy Italian dinner. I've never used an anchovy fillet. It's delicious!~ Theresa
Mar 7, 2010
Loved the salad and the dressing was a hit with my husband. the dressing was something that might have needed more salt and pepper to my liking!