My Caesar Salad
Romaine get a special treatment with the tasty, creamy salad dressing. It has a few veggies tossed in for color and crunch.—Julie Reynolds, Columbia, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- In a small bowl, mash garlic and salt, forming a paste. Whisk in the lemon juice, Miracle Whip, lemon zest, mustard and pepper. While whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, carrots and cucumber. Whisk dressing; drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and remaining cheese. Serve with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 168 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as My Caesar Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.