Smoky Cheddar, Ham and Corn Chowder
When I'm making a pot of Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder, no one misses dinner. Smoked cheese the flavor to another level. —Danielle Crawford, Pelzer, SC
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir ham over medium-high heat until browned. Add potatoes, milk, corn and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
Originally published as Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Oct 13, 2018
Warm, comforting, and oh so easy to make. For some odd reason I had a hard time finding smoked cheddar, so I substituted smoked Gouda. It was incredibly delicious. My kids loved it too and gobbled it up!