Smoky Cheddar, Ham and Corn Chowder
When I'm making a pot of Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder, no one misses dinner. Smoked cheese the flavor to another level. —Danielle Crawford, Pelzer, SC
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir ham over medium-high heat until browned. Add potatoes, milk, corn and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
Oct 13, 2018
Warm, comforting, and oh so easy to make. For some odd reason I had a hard time finding smoked cheddar, so I substituted smoked Gouda. It was incredibly delicious. My kids loved it too and gobbled it up!