Smoky Cheddar, Ham and Corn Chowder
When I'm making a pot of Smoky Cheddar Corn Chowder, no one misses dinner. Smoked cheese the flavor to another level. —Danielle Crawford, Pelzer, SC
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir ham over medium-high heat until browned. Add potatoes, milk, corn and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
Originally published as Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.