Ham & Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. Heat through, stirring frequently. Stir in the corn, ham, onion and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes; heat through. Garnish with sour cream, cheese and/or paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 202 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 19, 2016
Nice, quick meal. I put it together in now time. And I love it's low calorie. Will be adding this to the family weeknight rotation.
Sep 30, 2011
This is so simple, yet delicious. And one of only a few soups my kids will eat- I make frequently during the winter. A real keeper!
Jan 4, 2011
We loved this soup. My kids love corn, anyway so this was a definite keeper. This has been added to our collection of fave meals.
Dec 13, 2010
This recipe was quick and delicious. I dont care for fish chowder so this was a good alternative.
Nov 15, 2010
This was an excellent soup! Great for cold days! I added a finely minced red bell pepper and it added color and flavor, I really suggest it. The Pepper put a twist on the traditional corn chowder. Cheese, Paprika, and Sour cream are necessities!
Sep 2, 2010
Peeled, chopped and boiled 2 potatoes rather than using canned potatoes. Added cooked carrots and zucchini. Delicious!
Aug 25, 2010
Although we didn't add the sour cream and cheese garnish, this was still very tasty. Also, we left out the potatoes since it would have added more starch and (for us) only a little flavor to the chowder. Leaving out the potatoes made an already hearty dish a bit lighter. Those who like a potato flavoring likely won't be disappointed. Still, I entertained the thought of using a box of au gratin potato mix to the chowder instead of potatoes. Maybe next time––and there definitely will be a next time!
Aug 20, 2010
Made this last night and my husband and 15 year old boy loved it! So easy and quick to make. I'll be making it for my son's school lunch to. Loved it
Aug 16, 2010