Chip-Crusted Grilled Corn
For my version of Mexican street corn, I roll the ears in crushed chips. For extra pizzazz, try different chip flavors like ranch dressing and jalapeno. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Place tortilla chips in a shallow bowl. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- When cool enough to handle, spread corn with mayonnaise mixture; roll in chips. Grill corn, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve with lime wedges.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 355 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Nacho Cheese Grilled Corn in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.