Chip-Crusted Grilled Corn
For my version of Mexican street corn, I roll the ears in crushed chips. For extra pizzazz, try different chip flavors like ranch dressing and jalapeno. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Place tortilla chips in a shallow bowl. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- When cool enough to handle, spread corn with mayonnaise mixture; roll in chips. Grill corn, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve with lime wedges.
Test Kitchen Tips