Chipotle Lime Corn Cobs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and garlic; spread one heaping tablespoon over each ear of corn. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 289 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 28, 2017
Great recipe! The flavors and spices balance nicely with the sweetness of the corn.
May 4, 2015
I actually cut the corn off of the cobs to make a corn salad type dish. For our personal taste, next time I make it I will cut back on the lime juice, but it was still very good!
Jul 29, 2013
I have been making this since it first appeared on a Taste of Home summer issue. Love it! Reminds me of Mexico
Jul 29, 2013
OMG, OMG, OMG...this is crack corn. I went light on the parm and chipolte (kids) and heavy on the cilanto. I consider myself to be an excellent cook but if I hadn't of made this myself I never would of figured out what was in this sauce. I blended it all and made the sauce runny and just rolled the ears in it. Nothing short of AMAZING. Go bold and try this, you won't be sorry. We served with chix fajitas, hubby said in the top 5 meals ever....That is HUGE.
Jun 28, 2013
I actually left out the chipolte pepper because by husband cannot handle too much spicy and this came out PERFECT. Absolutely loved it, will make it again and again.
Jul 1, 2012
This was a nice twist on corn-on-the-cob. It was very messy to eat, but worth it! The sauce is runny, so we just put a dollop on the plate and rolled the corn in it. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.