Basil Grilled Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 20 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional butter, optional
- Place corn in a 6-qt. stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Brush butter over corn; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press four basil leaves onto each cob. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks; discard basil leaves. Squeeze lemon juice over corn; sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, spread with additional butter.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 125 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2017
Corn was nice and tender. The basil added a simple flavor to the corn.
Jul 16, 2015
I was more interested in the butter flavored basil than the grilling of the corn, since I don't own a grill. So, I prepared the corn on the cob and used the recipe to slather flavor on the corn.. Truly amazing. I used ground basil rather than fresh leaves, and omitted the cilantro.