Cranberry Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Roast, covered, until meat is tender, 3-4 hours. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. If desired, strain cooking juices and serve with brisket.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef: 273 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 13, 2014
The first time I made this I doubled the recipe. I served it to a group of about 14 adults. It was a hit. Had hardly any leftovers and it was so easy to make. I have since made this again for the family many times. I do not change a thing in the recipe. It's always great.
Aug 15, 2010
This is very good and so easy to make! Flavor combination seems odd when looking at the recipe but it all comes together incredibly well. I don't care for cranberry sauce by itself but having it cooked like this it came out wonderful!