Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 10, 2016
I loved these sandwiches. By the way, Kroger sells the Wasabi Mayo in the Asian food section.
Aug 1, 2010
I had trouble finding "wasabi mayo", so I used some horseradish spread, and it was way too hot for us. Next time, I'll just use plain mayo. Otherwise, with yummy summer tomatoes, a great combo.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.