Weeknight Chicken Mozzarella Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup garlic bread crumbs
- 1 cup garlic and herb pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 509 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1125mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 50g protein.
Oct 17, 2018
Easy to prepare and good taste.
Jan 21, 2017
YUM!! My hubby made these, he baked in quite a bit of oil, mimicking fried. Ran through egg wash before bread crumbs and served on garlic toast. Oh Yeah, he may have been a little heavy handed on the cheese, nothing wrong with that. These sammies were ridiculously delicious!!!
Mar 15, 2016
These were amazing. Chicken Parmesan on a bun? It works! We changed this up a little and dipped chicken in egg before coating with breadcrumbs and we fried in a little olive oil instead of baking. I know it's not as healthy, but it just tastes so mych better. I want to make this a regular on our family menu!
Feb 7, 2016
Delicious! I substituted the chicken breast with Quorn Meatless Chicken cutlet; and used Alfredo sauce instead of pasta sauce. Thank you, Bridget, for sharing this recipe.
Jan 24, 2016
Delicious meal! I crushed butter and garlic croutons and used them instead of breadcrumbs.
Jan 24, 2016
Delicious! I will make this again. The chicken is great as an entree with a veggie dish as a side.