Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 6 pieces string cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture across center of each tortilla; top with a string cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Freeze option: Cool beef mixture before assembly. Individually wrap roll-ups in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped roll-ups on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. To reheat individually, remove foil and rewrap in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 roll-up: 513 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Aug 26, 2017
These turned out perfect! I used a thick marinara sauce and place of the pizza sauce and warmed up extra to dip the wraps in.
Aug 26, 2017
Really good flavor! I added fresh garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley and a pinch of crushed red pepper flake (usual suspects I would use with these ingredients). I used shredded mozzarella. I'm also freezing the mixture itself with other half , rather than rolling and freezing them now. Great snack and directions including cooking time were spot on. A definite keeper and it's a recipe that you could take the method and create different versions of. I.e Bacon Cheeseburger, Taco Roll etc.
Mar 11, 2012
I've actually made this one a couple of times. Very fast, easy, yummy recipe.
Jan 9, 2012
This was a quick and delicious recipe. I made it for a Saturday lunch when everyone was home and they loved it. The picky eaters of course didn't like the green peppers and onion, but I thought it was a really interesting, easy recipe. Will make again!!!
Dec 13, 2011
Kids loved it too!
Jun 8, 2011
would probably make again, not real fond of it though...
Mar 2, 2011
Didn't like that the shells dried out in the oven. Would have liked it more burrito style. I might try it again with shredded mozzie so it doesn't take so long to melt and get a softer shell that way. Of course the kids hated the green pepper (can't hurt to try) so they will have to be omitted.
Nov 4, 2010
Easy and tasty!
Oct 28, 2010
My daughter originally started making these but then she moved into her own place so now I make them when we are hungry for them. So easy, so delicious! We use shredded mozzarella instead of the string cheese and have used both regular pepperoni and turkey. Even added some banana peppers last night. Mmmmm....
Sep 12, 2010
This was really good. My husband really enjoyed it and deemed it a "keeper". When making again I would add more cheese---maybe shredded mozzarella so that cheese is throughout the whole roll-up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.