Combined with oil, a sprinkling of other herbs and a little zesty lemon peel, basil vinegar makes a delightfully mild and pleasant fish marinade for orange roughy or halibut.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup Basil Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each chopped, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and parsley or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano and parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 orange roughy fillets or halibut fillets (1 pound)
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, herbs, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add fillets; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.